Functional Safety Professional - Embedded Systems, Automotive, Midlands
iO are assisting a leading international client in their search for a Functional Safety professional with strong experience working with embedded software systems. The Functional Safety professional must have strong understanding of the Functional Safety Lifecycle model.
The successful candidate will have strong experience of identifying and classifying hazards, verification validation planning and safety case writing. The Functional Safety professional will have also worked to IEC 61508, ISO 26262 or equivalent standards. Similarly, a comprehensive working knowledge of the Functional Safety Lifecycle model is pivotal. Furthermore, a professional background in embedded software systems in an engineering context is important to perform the role to the highest standard.
The skills and experiences of the successful candidate will include the following:
* IEC 61508, ISO 26262 or equivalent standard
* Hazard identification and classification
* Verification validation planning
* Safety case writing
* Functional Safety Lifecycle model
* Embedded software systems background
* FMEA, FTA, RBD, ETA, FMEDA (highly advantageous)
* V model and system engineering (highly advantageous)
* Education to a degree standard (advantageous)
This is a fantastic opportunity to secure a crucial role within the functional safety function and will offer the successful candidate the opportunity to gain valuable experience with a leading name in the field.
Sector: Embedded, Electronics, Functional Safety, Automotive
Commutable from: Midlands
If you feel you have the relevant experience please send in your CV for consideration