Data Scientist required by my client, a leading insurance organisation, based in London to join them on a full-time basis. They are looking to speak to individuals at all levels of experience with exposure to SQL Server, R & Python.
You will be providing expertise around the design, development and implementation of innovative business intelligence solutions to help mature the organisations management information and analytics.
* Work with the Data & Analytics Solution Consultant to ensure best practice code development and alignment to agreed solutions using preferred tools e.g. SQL, R, Tableau
* Work with the Data Governance and Service to establish data development, definition, and design and metadata management standards.
* Develop and maintain the data dictionary, including data mappings and data lineage between strategic systems
* Identify business logic and develop new semantic layer data models as the foundation for all reporting.
* Reporting development including: ETL processes, query design and improvement, reconciliation and controls etc.
* Liaise with project teams and business users in the development of reports and dashboards across all functional areas of the business.
* Ensures quality of reporting solutions by performing code review with peers, creating documentation, performing defect root cause analysis, and completing unit and integration testing.
* Codes, tests, debugs, documents, implements and maintains software developments
* Analyses requirements, and maintains, tests and integrates application components
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills required to interact effectively with clients, systems staff, consultants, vendor's technology partners
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Attention to detail, prioritizes and manages multiple tasks.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server Integration services (SSIS)
* SQL Server experience
* Tableau Report building experience
* R or Python data extraction / manipulation
Data Analyst, BI Developer, SQL Developer, Analytics Consultant, Advanced Analytics Consultant, Business Intelligence Developer, Business Intelligence Consultant