IO Associates are helping one of the most renowned, local organisations in the South West recruit a Senior Unix System Administrator.
The successful candidate will ensure that the systems are maintained and managed as well as resolving service affecting issues, implement changes to the systems and build new systems and environments when appropriate.
Role: Senior Unix System Administrator
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 + Benefits + Bonus
* Technical assistance
* Deliver change to the business using a continuous improvement workflow
* Responsible for the ongoing maintenance, security, and availability of Systems infrastructure based on business requirements and adhering to tight operations, security, and procedural models.
* Create documentation
* Troubleshooting problems to help find and fix root causes.
* Implementation of system changes
* Operating system patching and maintenance
* Respond to and resolve incidents and problem tickets.
* Demonstrate a high level of technical expertise to support complex Unix Systems across all tiers, under minimal supervision
* Linux Administration (Centos or Redhat)
* Solaris 10 administration
* Apache HTTPD
* Shell scripting (bash, python, perl, or ksh)
For more details please get back to me and we can discuss the opportunity further