Up to £40000.00 per annum
My client is one of the fastest growing defence firms in the UK with a multinational presence. They are engaged in developing and supplying a broad portfolio of airborne, land and naval systems and products for defence and commercial applications. We have partnered exclusively with them in the search for a Quality Assurance Manager to join the team.
This company has gone from strength to strength, recently winning two large scales bids, accelerating their growth and this role is integral to support the businesses going forward.
Reporting into the Head of Business Operations, the role is split up into two parts; firstly you will be responsible for the development of the quality and compliance standards across the organisation and their supply chain. The other half of the job is Project Quality, supporting Project managers with the Quality Assurance and compliance of projects, providing hands on quality engineering support for the business winning, engineering and post contract award delivery teams.
Due to the rapid expansion plans of this organisation the scope and opportunity to progress and develop in this role is outstanding. They need someone with a lot of energy, enthusiasm and someone that can bring a forward thinking and innovative mind to the table.
You will expected to provide strategic direction and leadership as well as guidance on delivery of best practice in QA/QC. You will also lead the implementation of audit effective management systems and work with others to identify appropriate metrics with regular reviews to improve performance.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven, demonstrable and thorough knowledge of ISO9001-2015, ISO 45001-2018 & ISO 14001-2015.
- Experience with government agencies, particularly the UK MoD procurement and contracting processes.
- Experience in project and product management.
- Experience in project start-up and project initiation phases.
- Knowledge of military and aerospace specifications would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Quality Engineering protocols, statistical tools, methodology and continuous improvement techniques.
- Excellent multi-tasking, analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to troubleshoot, identify root causes and systematically solve problems.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
- Capable of managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be eligible for UK MoD SC clearance
In return you will receive a salary of £40,000 along a competitive benefits package.
If this role sounds like it the kind of challenge you are looking for then get in touch and apply today!