£500 - £525 per day
User Researcher - £500 per day - Fully Remote - 6-Month Contract - Outside IR35
iO Associates have teamed up with a leading digital consultancy to support them with a huge project win.
You, the User Researcher will be expected to work as part of the client's Analytics Delivery team. They will plan, design and carry out research activities with users that help teams get a deep understanding of the people that use our services. This research informs the proposition, service, content and interaction design so that services work well for users and achieves project aims. They will identify the best method based on research goals and resources.
They will be responsible for all aspects of research (planning, analysis and reporting) for both generative (participatory design) and evaluative (usability testing) research. You will be experienced in a variety of user testing methodologies to reveal actionable customer insights. You will also be comfortable working with data, from gathering and analysis through to design and presentation.
The User Researcher roles cross over with that of UX/UI Designer and Service Designer and you will work in close collaboration with these roles.
Although the User Researcher will have a portfolio of responsibilities specific to their area of expertise and grade, it is expected that they will develop a set of skills, competencies and knowledge to operate effectively within their role.
The User Researcher will have the following responsibilities:
- Turn research data into clear findings that inform decisions.
- Conduct primary and secondary user research.
- Conduct and evaluate quantitative and qualitative research.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and evaluate research topics.
- Plan and implement user research strategies and methodologies.
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written and oral presentations.
- Run workshops both internally and to client stakeholders
- Perform usability studies with end users.
- Ask questions, gather data, and analyse data.
- Assist with UI/UX and service design activities
- Reasonable ad hoc requests of the business
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You understand and have experience of a range of user research methods for understanding users, validating hypotheses and testing designs including in-depth user interviews, usability testing, A/B testing, survey creation, web analytics and diary studies
- Align user research activities with objectives to create strategic insights that inform policy and proposition
- You can work in an open, iterative and collaborative way in a multidisciplinary team
- You can work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and use an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery
- You are ethically aware of the knock-on impacts your work could potentially have
- You demonstrate knowledge of the technologies used to build and operate digital services and can help colleagues understand how digital technology is changing user behaviour, and the challenges and opportunities for data services
- You know how to involve colleagues in analysis and synthesis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions.
- Outside of User Research, you have an appreciation for of UX design, service design and content design skills and processes
- Understand, support and participate in Communities of Practice
- You understand user-centred design practices and know how to embed them into an agile workflow to deliver timely findings.
- You have a good understanding of data and how it is interpreted by users
- You know how to include all kinds of users in appropriate research activities to help teams deliver accessible services.
- You can interpret vision to lead on decisions
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Line management of a small team
- You have an understanding of the key areas of modern data management including:
- You have a working understanding of the tools and techniques used in machine learning and AI
- Use of assistive technologies (such as screen reader, voice recognition etc)
- Experience of the health, defence or life-sciences sectors
- You are familiar with the GDS Design Standard
Our client is passionate about its people; we want our colleagues to develop the things they are good at and enjoy.
By joining us you can expect
- Autonomy to develop and grow your skills and experience
- Be part of exciting project work that is making a difference in society
- Strong, inspiring and thought-provoking leadership
- A supportive and collaborative environment
- Competitive day rates
Send over your up-to-date CV and I will be in touch throughout remainder of the week.