We have an exciting Operations Director vacancy for an established and leading FTSE 250 industrial manufacturer based in Cardiff . They have been solving complex technical problems longer and with greater success than any of their competitors. For nearly 150 years they have been delivering technical capability, precision, quality and long-term value to their customers through their engineering prowess.
This successful business continues to grow and realise new commercial opportunities demonstrated recently through securing significant long term contracts to ensure their success for many years to come. They are searching for an outstanding Operations Director with technical prowess , strong people management and leadership skills to join their business to support the team and be a focal point for the transformation of the culture and performance of their site.
They manufacture critical components that drives industry the world over , working with a range of customers, big and small, OEMs and distributors.
As the Operations Director you will have ownership and autonomy for managing and leading all operational aspects of the business and support continuous improvement, manufacturing excellence and adherence to their Health, Safety and Environmental processes.
You will be responsible for evaluating the businesses operational strategy and realising opportunities for positive transformation to drive competitive advantage through the safe and efficient use of your resources and implementation of new technologies.
Leading the Operational Team consisting of the Production Engineering Manager, Purchasing Manager, Warehouse Supervisor and Production Supervisor, and Production Planner. You will focus on driving the culture towards a high performing team, through coaching, performance management, operation improvements, talent management, employee engagement and all aspects of operational excellence to provide industry leading customer service levels to all.
Required skills and experience for the Operations Director:
- Degree calibre or Qualified in Engineering / Manufacturing.
- Operations experience within a high mix , low volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience of leading a team through manufacturing excellence, continuous improvement initiatives and process change programmes.
- Experience of influencing and driving strategic objectives with the Leadership team to provide enhanced Customer Service Levels.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to coach and mentor, driving accountability and ownership for all internal stakeholders.
- Experience of working with unions to deliver agreeable and positive outcomes.
- Experience within an engineering production environment with CNC machinery is preferable.
- A sharp focus on HSE standards and a qualification in IOSH Managing Safely.
- Strong appreciation of ISO 45001, ISO 9001 (2015), ISO14001.
- Knowledge of working within a structured, fully integrated, ERP environment with finite scheduling.
- Lead a high standard of work, tracking performance and audits of 5-S adherence.
- Experience of managing and influencing a range of key stakeholders to appreciate and engage with cultural and operational change.
- Ability to challenge the status-quo , question and adapt where necessary long standing practices of work.