£30000 - £42000 per annum
Software Engineer (Simulation & Modelling)
Location: Burgess Hill (Hybrid Working)
Salary: Up to £42,000
Must be a UK citizen.
Our client is a leading supplier of training & simulation systems for submarines, warships and commercial vessels worldwide.
If you have an interest in software engineering, simulation, mathematical and 3D Modelling or games engines then you might be interested in joining one of the most respected names in the industry.
As a Graduate, junior or mid level software engineer, you will be joining a team of 12 engineers with many years experience between them. You will be involved with a variety of aspects of software engineering within training and simulation.
This is a rapidly growing team with plenty of opportunity for you to take on leadership responsibilities as you progress.
Knowledge, Skills And Experience:
Essential for the role
- Equivalent of Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) and minimum 2 years of prior relevant experience, or Postgraduate Degree and up to 2 years of prior related experience working on complex engineering projects;
- Excellent planning, communications, and co-ordination skills;
- Knowledge and experience of mathematical modelling from first principles;
- Excellent IT skills (MSOffice, Visio, Visual Studio);
- Understanding of not only software but system lifecycle processes including requirements definition, traceability, verification and validation;
- Able to understand detail and a high level of fidelity in technical decision making.
Desirable for the role:
- Experience of training and simulation product development for Defence projects.
- Experience of supporting Business Development activities / Bids and proposals;
- Understanding of project lifecycle within Defence Projects;
- Knowledge and experience of graphical modelling tools, i.e. MATLAB;
- Knowledge and experience in 3D modelling and games engines.
Please apply for immediate consideration or contact Jordan Pyatt on 07713990304.