Up to €0.00 per annum
My client is seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to work in their Medical Device Division. Your tasks will be to develop mechanical parts (plastic and metal) for surgical and healthcare products.
This is an on site position based in Belgium.
Some of your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Designing mechanical parts for the products, according to product specifications
- Closely work together with the optical engineers
- Design for manufacture
- Coordinate the production of tooling with the supplier
- Maintain the configuration of the mechanical parts
- Verify and test the mechanical parts in accordance with specifications and provide the necessary reports
- Assist in building prototypes
- Assist with the start-up in production for the first series
- Develop ideas for improvements of both products and processes
Cooperate with colleagues world-wide
Therefore, I am ideally seeking candidates that can demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- Master degree in mechanics or equivalent through experience
- Thorough knowledge of Creo (or equivalent design software)
- Knowledge of optical design would be an advantage
- Industrial design experience
- Design knowledge of plastic and sheet metal
- Accurate and precise
- Good communication skills in English
Does this sound like you? If so, and you're interested in exploring this further please apply via the link on this advert and I'll call you at the earliest opportunity to discuss it in more detail.