iO Associates have partnered with a global engineering and manufacturing company in the search for a Engineering Manager based in their state of the art facility in Clevedon.
Reporting to the Engineering and Projects Manager you will be one of 3 managers that shape the Engineering function. As the Engineering Manager you will lead a team of engineers, sustaining the products and install base through product maintenance, continuous improvement and focused customer support projects.
Your main responsibilities will be to lead and manage the engineering department through Product maintenance (obsolescence, compliance, operations support, non conformities (FRACAS), technical communications (PIB, SIB) and customer change management), Continuous improvement and focussed customer support projects determining mitigation actions, root cause analysis and validation, corrective action design and validation and technical customer communication support.
You will also assure monthly status reporting to management through governance meetings and standardised reporting and it will be up to you to strengthen the sustaining engineering team by demonstrating strong leadership to ensure effective recruitment and selection, objective setting, competency and organisation development.
To be successful in this role you will need:
Bachelor or master's degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years experience working in a management role involving technical and people management.
- Must have a methodical approach to problem solving.
- Must be a good communicator and have excellent fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong communication skills, organisational awareness and impact and influencing skills.
- Experience of working within the Semiconductor industry would be desirable but not essential.
Along with your salary you will be eligible for:
- Bonus - both company and personal
- 25 days holiday and your bank holidays
- Cash health plan
- Pension with a company contribution of up to 8%
- Life Assurance of 4 x basic salary
- Employee Referral scheme
- Training, Learning and Development throughout
- Wellbeing Program
- Support for formal qualifications and professional development
- Recognition and Reward program
- Some sponsored professional qualifications such as Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Free parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Summer BBQ's, Christmas Parties
If you meet most of these criteria and you would like to find out more, don't hesitate to get in touch and apply today.