Up to £650 per annum
iO Associates are looking for a senior user researcher, for a project in the UK Government, who is experienced in a wide range of qualitative and qualitative research methodologies, from desk research, top tasks, benchmark research, diary studies, field research, observation research to interviews and usability testing.
The role will lead research activities across multiple projects, delivering impactful research insights to inform product and strategic decisions. To start with, you will work on one of our high priority projects, where you will plan and conduct benchmark testing for our publishing tools. You will also identify research gaps that can help to inform the overall direction of the publishing services and conduct this research.
In return you would be provided with a generous day rate, the flexibility to work on a mostly remote basis with a small amount of travel required to the client side in London, Manchester, or Bristol (dependent on your location).
This role requires active BPSS clearance.
- Advise clients on how to solve complex problems using research, people-centred design, and Agile methodologies
- Be part of a multidisciplinary Agile team to design services that meet identified user needs
- Advocate inclusive approaches within user research
- Build supportive relationships with clients and stakeholders, yet challenge ideas and manage difficult conversations
- Support user researchers and advise other colleagues how to get the best from user research
- Expertise in applying user research methodologies across different environments
- Experience of working in multidisciplinary Agile teams to design and deliver people-centred services
- Working knowledge of how to research of accessibility needs or assisted digital needs
- Proven experience of championing user research / user-centred design / service design approaches
- Experience of mentoring/training other user researchers
- Advanced communication and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to manage conflict and convey difficult messages with tact and sensitivity
- A good understanding of other Agile roles across design, product, and tech
- Strong consultancy and leadership skills, and confidence in exploring problem spaces with clients to determine the most appropriate way forward