Up to £0.00 per annum
Are you a Senior developer skilled in Java looking to step up into a Development Lead position? My client is an industry leader within insurance and financial services. Its operations are divided into three divisions: Investment Management, which oversees and sells screened and non-screened investment products to institutional and retail clients; Broking and Advisory, which offers insurance products to businesses, organizations, and retail clients; and Specialist Insurance, which offers insurance products and risk management services.
This role is Gloucester based requires hybrid working Upto 3 days in the office. They are looking for an individual with the expertise to lead the Engineering team and oversee a range of new and existing solutions. This role could be perfect for a mid or senior developer who is a team player, enjoys mentoring and wants to progress their career. If you already have existing management experience that's a huge bonus!
- Lead the dynamic Java Engineering team of 5 developers, steering the helm of technical advancements for a spectrum of innovative solutions. Collaborate seamlessly with internal squads and external collaborators to propel their projects to new heights.
- Embrace the dual role of scrum master and agile coach, guiding the team through the intricacies of modern practices and emerging standards. As the linchpin between software engineers and the technical helm, ensure the seamless adoption of cutting-edge methodologies.
Skills & Experience:
- Broad experience in test automation, continuous integration, software design and engineering, including knowledge of Java 8 and above, the Junit and Mokito frameworks, Subversion/Git based source control, IntelliJ IDE, T-SQL, Jenkins, and the Spring Boot and Spring framework.
- Knowledge of software architecture principles, such as SOLID and design patterns, and development lifecycles.
- Experience of technical team management and delivery management, including mentoring and coaching of junior members
What's on offer:
- Salary up to £75,000 (DOE)
- Flexible working - Hybrid
- Group Pension - up to 12% employer contribution
- Annual bonus scheme up to 30%.
- 28 Days Annual Leave - buy and sell holiday scheme.
- Health and wellbeing benefits - private healthcare and life assurance
- Study support to gain professional qualifications.
It's a brilliant time to be joining, you'll be given the opportunity to accelerate your career not in years but months within this business! Especially, when hearing about their 5-year plan and road map for 2024! You'll be working on existing and new greenfield projects within the business!
If you feel this role suits your experience and you are looking for a new exciting position, apply today and I will set up a call accordingly!