£40 - £45 per hour
Job Title: Locum Homelessness Lawyer
Location: West Midlands
Pay Rate: £45 per hour inside IR35
Duration: Initial 3-month contract with a strong possibility of extension
Type: Hybrid - court attendance required, casework handled remotely
We are collaborating with a large local authority based in the West Midlands whose legal services department Locum Housing Lawyer. This role will specialise in Homelessness law, to add to their established team on an interim basis for an initial 3-month period, with a high probability of extension.
The role primarily involves advising on matters relating to Housing Litigation and will play a pivotal role in advising the client department on homelessness-related matters. This role will not require working on housing disrepair matters as this is completed by another team within the organisation.
- Qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive, or Barrister; alternatively, non-qualified Lawyers with substantial relevant experience will also be considered.
- Previous experience working within a local authority.
- Proficient practical knowledge of housing litigation, particularly homelessness law.
- Experience in advocacy would be advantageous. However, for a strong candidate unable to attend court, counsel could be instructed.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
If you are interested in applying for this position or wish to explore the role further, please contact Vinay at 07893921024 or 0117 284 0827