Up to £0.00 per annum
Purpose of the position
The role of the Enterprise Data Lead is required to enable and guide the transition of the Enterprise Business Data landscape from a decentralized and entity approach to a harmonized managed Business Data landscape to further increase value generation from data.
1. Establishing and operationalizing a cohesive (master) data management strategy and will drive execution by eliminating business silos, establishing standards and processes for data governance and implementing measures to manage the quality of our data.
2. This role will be current on data trends with proven experience of technology and application methods. This role will provide a seamless relationship between technology and business owners / consumers internationally and will need to be able to influence senior leaders to help them see the possibilities and opportunities that can be derived from the right data and - related tools. This role will work closely with the business to understand business process gaps due to (master) data, and will develop cross-functional alignment to define data models, standardize data sets and sources, and govern master data and their respective attributes.
3. Work closely with the IT function (Architecture, Information Security) in organizing and creating an environment that makes data and information accessible with appropriate channels of access controls and secure data across it.
Key tasks / result areas
· Reporting to the Group IT Director, who has overall responsibility for managing the portfolio of group wide technology system initiatives and projects.
· Define and own (master) data management strategy. Know the emerging trends and analytical methods, and how to introduce effectively to exploit for our business benefit and value.
· Establish and implement (master) data management capabilities and best practices aligned with the business, Digital & Transformation and Data & Analytics goals and priorities.
· Establish consistent metrics to measure quality of data and implemented solutions.
· Understand the technology landscape of transactional systems, data management and master data layer, to analytics and consuming applications.
· Partner with vendors and functional teams to design and architect master data management solution(s) with other applications and warehouse/lake.
· Contribute to our roadmaps for Data / Information Management. Define and own relevant data management principles and policies.
· Contribute to critical business decisions including data (models), data acquisitions, data retention policies and defining data life cycle policies.
· Leverage effective relationship building among business partners to understand the data needs, data dependencies and identify opportunities for business process standardization, ensuring high employee engagement and managing staff career progression.
· Identify risks and drive continuous improvements in data management through technological innovation, operational improvement, and championing adoption.
· Maintain in-depth industry knowledge.
· Establish and operationalize federated operating model by promoting Data Citizens (also through usage of data steward teams), adapting style and language appropriately to enabling users to use data and tools effectively and intuitively, but also securely.
· A seasoned senior (information management) leader (+15 years), with proven track record of delivering data (& analytics) information systems, tools and processes driving change within large businesses. Passionate about data and Information Management.
· Deep understanding of master data management, data governance, and associated technologies.
· Proven track record of creating trusted relationships with senior leaders of the business. Excellent influencing skills, able to build effective relationships with senior stakeholders in order to truly understand the underlying needs of the business.
· Skilled in the design, development and validation of descriptive, perspective and analytics.
· Equipment business and related technology savvy.
· Experience with leading and managing data & analytics teams.
· Hands on experience in taking lead and delivering.
· Breadth of experience on the data & analytics (cloud) technology landscape, managed and delivered in cloud-based solutions.
· Experience of evolving technologies i.e. Big Data, Real Time Analytics, Predictive Analytics.
· Experience of current development practices e.g. Agile.
· Excellent verbal and written communication, and facilitation skills.
· Experience of working in a complex legacy estate, driving change and delivering change to the business.
· Knowledge of Cyber Security and Information Security