£34160 - £40000 per annum
iO Associates have partnered with a global billion pound company in the search for a Facilities Engineer with Electrical or Mechanical Installation experience.
The company designs and manufacturers high tech equipment for the electronics industry, providing advanced process control and process enabling solutions.
They have a high growth strategy planned and they are moving to a new facility in Newport which will enable them to triple in size over the next 5 years.
In this role as Facilities Engineer you will be responsible for the installation, commissioning, maintenance and servicing of site facilities, systems and equipment to ensure that they meet the needs of the organisation and its employees.
On a day to day basis you will be assisting in the installation and start-up of new equipment and systems, testing equipment connections and functionality to ensure proper installation and fault finding and conducting equipment failure repairs
Additionally you will be performing ongoing preventive maintenance and repair work on facility mechanical, electrical, and other installed systems and equipment, such as power, gas, extract systems as well as single and 3 phase systems.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Served an electrical or mechanical apprenticeship
- Is electrical or mechanically trained e.g. electrical installation technician/engineer as onsite training will be provided
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Is able to work well under pressure and to exhibit good time management skills
- Demonstrates good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Safety, Health and Environmental Aspects is desirable
This role will require continual shift work alternating between Mon-Thurs 6am - 2pm, Fri 6am - 1pm / Mon-Thurs 2pm-10pm, Fri 1pm-9pm.
In return you will receive a base salary of £28,000-£32,000 along with a 22% shift allowance and benefits that include:
- Annual leave starting at 25 days (plus bank holidays)
- Share scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cash health plan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Global bonus plan
- Rewards scheme
- Life assurance
The company also offers great career progression and academic development opportunities too.
If you meet most of these criteria and you would like to find out more, don't hesitate to get in touch and apply today.