£75000 - £85000 per annum
Head of Privacy Higher Education - London
Hybrid Working | £75,000-85,000 | Permanent
A brand-new role has opened up on behalf of a London based University seeking a Head of Privacy to manage their data protection team and act as the University's Data Protection Officer.
Main duties will require focusing on advising the University's board on strategic approaches to data protection policies and ensuring effectiveness of their privacy compliance programme. This will involve management of the team responsible for ensuring the organisation complies with all relevant legislation relating to privacy including Freedom of Information, e-privacy and Data Protection legislation.
- A qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Data Protection professional with substantial relevant experience dealing with legal legislation.
- A practitioner certificate in Data Protection and Freedom of Information & ideally qualification at management level
- Good practical knowledge of Data Protection practices ideally including experience working within a higher education environment. This will include data protection frameworks, policy, procedure and FOI processes.
- At least 3 years' experience working within a Data Protection role
- Prior experience successfully managing a team and dealing with high-level stakeholder engagement.
To discuss the role and day to day duties in more detail, please click apply and/or please contact Peter Jenkins at p.jenkins @ioassociates.co.uk or call +44 117 4090 455