£50000 - £65000 per annum
iO Associates have partnered with a global defence company, who are recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager, whose UK subsidiary, based in Bristol, and are on a major growth trajectory as they begin to fully establish themselves in the UK.
As a new role in a new facility, the Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be instrumental in the conception and implementation of new operating model for the Bristol Assembly, Integration and Test (BAIT) facility.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager will be responsible for establishing and leading the manufacturing engineering processes required for assembly, integration and testing of our products. The Manufacturing Engineering Team will serve as the process leaders; prescribing processing methods, measuring and controlling process performance, maintaining efficient manufacturing workflow and implementing process improvements.
- Proven experience as a Manufacturing Engineering Manager in a manufacturing environment of a similarly highly controlled nature (Aerospace, automotive, nuclear, pharma, medical devices etc.). 10+ years.
- Experience leading the creation or transformation of a manufacturing engineering system.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of manufacturing systems and processes.
- Experience managing Technology Transfer and/or New Product Introduction and associated Manufacturing Readiness Reviews.
- Worked within Configuration Management & Change Control environment.
- Practical experience working with digital manufacturing solutions.
- Effective people leadership skills
- Emotionally intelligent communicator & leader
- Excellent organizational skills
- Skilled presenter
- Strong ability to facilitate and drive meetings
- Strong data driven decision-maker
- Practical Problem Solver
- Lean Thinker & Practitioner
- Process & Cell Layout Design
- Competent Technical Writer
- Solid appreciation of Health, Safety & Environment regulations.
- Attention to detail
- Data driven orientation
- Project Management (incl MS Project skills)
- Adaptable to apply knowledge to a range of products & technologies.
- Adept with digital manufacturing systems.
- Proficient in Office 365 toolset, ERP and PLM software. (Infor LN & Teamcenter advantageous)
The company are looking to start interviews next week and would looking to fill the position quickly, so if you are interested in the role then please get in touch with Craig Lawrence @ iO Associates or by uploading your CV on the link provided.