£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
Simulator Support Engineer
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000
Security Clearance requirements: SC current or clearable
A global defence & aerospace technology company operating in a wide range of programmes developing a range of airborne, land & naval systems have an opportunity for a Simulator Support Engineer to come on board to be a critical part of the programme that's modernising the training for the Royal Navy and Royal Marines. Listed on the NASDAQ and TASE stock exchanges
You will be responsible for:
- Providing first line support & maintenance for the supported systems to maintain system up time
- Providing advice to the training staff & desk drivers on the operation of the supported systems at the site when needed
- Co-operate with all departments to deliver an effective outcome
- Preparing the supported training systems on site each day
- Supporting & resolving system problems
- Monitoring system health, report failure trends, report any concerns/prediction of failure and raise observation/fault reports when appropriate
- Carrying out and record maintenance activities
- Ensuring back-up copies of system software & data are maintained
- Providing support to the site manager to act as the company representatives when sub-contractors are on-site
You will have:
- An understanding of hardware, software and systems engineering
- Experience administering, maintaining, rebuilding PC based systems
- Safety, security and configuration management control process understanding
- An understanding of the maintenance principles A, R and M.
A bonus would be having an engineering qualification, ideally in information systems, IT, computer science or electrical engineering.
Benefits include: 7% Pension contribution, 2x salary life assurance, flexible working practices, Health Cash Plan, salary sacrifice scheme for electric vehicles, and access to discounted car deals, enhanced maternity, paternity and shared Parental Leave, employee referral scheme up to £2000 by referring a friend & sabbatical.
Evidence of eligibility to work in the UK needed