Job Title: Vibration Test Engineer
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Portsmouth UK
Salary: £35 per hour
iO has an exciting opportunity in Portsmouth for Vibration Test Engineer to join the largest commercial aerospace company. Work in the Build Production section on various aircraft, contributing to the development and maintenance of Fuel and Landing Gear test benches. With a global presence and over 100,000 employees.
This role offers supporting the test requirements of internal business units and external commercial customers. If you're passionate about aerospace and have relevant skills, apply now for a dynamic role in the heart of the industry.
- Perform vibration and shock tests on space and commercial hardware using electromagnetic vibration systems and mechanical shock rigs.
- An ability to execute a full range of sine, random and classical shock test types.
- Ensuring test logs are completed and all measurement data is accurately recorded.
- Post-processing data test and reporting.
- Working to national and international standards.
- Ensure that all testing is performed in a safe manner.
- Assist the department to achieve its workload goals.
- To review test procedures and comment on their content.
- Managing calibration of test equipment.
- Raise quotations against external customer specifications.
- Assist with costs and scheduling.
- Maintenance of the associated test facilities.
- Participate in the development of the test facility to improve efficiency and technical competence
- Engineering apprenticeship HNC or Engineering Degree level education or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstratable and solid experience of vibration testing in a laboratory environment.
- Experience of working directly with customers and with the ability to present ideas and concepts to the customer with authority.
- Ability to work flexible hours weekend/shift working.
- An accurate approach to performing test requirements
- Preferred familiar with M+P International vibration control software.
Please apply for the role if you are looking for an opportunity. Also, please help me with any referrals, friends, family, or anyone who might be a good fit for the role. It would be a great help.