£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum
iO Associates have partnered with a global manufacturer of special purpose machinery. For the last 50 years they have been leading the way building bespoke solutions for a global customer base.
Now they are looking for Automation Software Engineer to join their team in Eastleigh.
As the Automation Software Engineer, you will be responsible for all aspects of control systems engineering from requirement specification through design, test and commissioning and will likely involve some travel both in the UK and overseas.
A big part of your role will be reviewing and establishing the project scope and deliverables as well as designing and writing PLC, HMI and SCADA control system software.
Crucially you will be producing the required documentation (e.g. functional design specifications, software specifications, manuals), documented software testing and carry out testing and acceptance with customers, providing support for the on-site commissioning and qualification of the equipment and systems. Additionally you will train customer maintenance and operator staff and implement changes on site to electrical panels when required
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Proven background (10+ years) in control systems-related software design for process/equipment control in a process control industry.
- Experience of Automation project delivery across the entire project lifecycle
- Experience of the following:
- Siemens TIA PLC programming using LAD/STL
- Siemens Step 7 PLC Programming using LAD/STL
- Siemens TIA HMI configuration
- Siemens WinCC Flexible HMI configuration
- Allen Bradley Control Logix PLCs
- Control system testing.
- Qualified to HNC/D level minimum.
In return you will receive salary between £50,000-£60,000 along with benefits that include:
- 25 days annual leave. In addition to public bank holidays. (3 days must be used for shutdown over Christmas & New Year)
- Company Pension Scheme - [5% Employer and 4% Employee contribution (of base salary). After 3months employment
- Death in service as part of pension scheme
- Group income protection
- Option of single person private healthcare (taxable)
If you meet most of these criteria and you would like to find out more, don't hesitate to get in touch and apply today.