Posted on March 2020 By Stella Webster
Last night we hosted our first iO Virtual Meetup - This new platform allows us to reach more of our community and get the most in-demand speakers on your choice of topics!
Our first Guest Speaker was Mark Rendle speaking on "From WCF to gRPC".
gRPC is a high-performance messaging protocol that is ideal for communication between microservices and other clients on internal networks. It's the ideal replacement for WCF or .NET Remoting, which are not supported on .NET Core.
In this talk, he explains the different models that gRPC enables, from Request/Response to full bi-directional streaming, and how they map to various WCF models. He'll show how to create gRPC services and clients using the dotnet CLI, and share best practices for using them in the real world. You can view the full presentation below:
Mark Rendle is a Microsoft Azure Development MVP and a well known speaker – his career in software design and development spans three decades and more programming languages than he can remember.
C# has been his favourite language pretty much since the first public beta, when you had to write the code in a text editor and compile it on the command line.
Things vying for Mark’s attention lately include .NET Core, Docker and all the new things on the Azure Cloud platforms.
- Introducing iO Associates' Exciting RPO Partnership with Pinewood!
- Posted By Andy Bush on 26th February 2024
- iO Associates Unveils Tech Workplace Priorities, in Collaboration with techSPARK
- Posted By Jamie Wightman on 19th February 2024
- Precision Resource Group (PRG) Achieves Prestigious Placement in Recruiter HOT 100
- Posted By iO Associates on 31st January 2024