Posted on April 2020 By Inness Law
In the second of our iO Virtual Meetups our guest speaker Emily Jiang, Liberty Microservice Architect, Advocate and Java Champion, tackled the modern and open way to build cloud-native microservices and the programming models available.
You may have heard about Eclipse MicroProfile and are wanting to find out more. In this session you’ll learn:
- everything you need to know about MicroProfile (including a demo)
- how to package the MicroProfile in to a Docker container and deploy it to a Kubernetes cluster
- and finally, how to use Istio to manage your microservice interactions
Listen to this session to develop your in-depth knowledge about MicroProfile and how you can use it to build well-performed microservices. After this session, you will understand how to best develop Cloud Native Microservices by using MicroProfile and how to work well with Cloud infrastructure, such as Kubernetes and Istio.
Emily Jiang, is a Java Champion. She is Liberty Microservices Architect and Advocate, Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM) in IBM, based at Hursley Lab in the UK. Emily is a MicroProfile guru and has been working on MicroProfile since 2016, leading the specifications of MicroProfile Config, Fault Tolerance and Service Mesh. She is a CDI Expert Group member and passionate about MicroProfile and Jakarta EE. Emily regularly speaks at conferences, such as Code One, DevNexus, JAX London, Voxxed, Devoxx, EclipseCon, QCon, GeeCon, JFokus, etc. Follow her on Twitter @emilyfhjiang and/or connect with her on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/in/emily-jia...)
Find out more on our specialisms or get in touch with Inness or Bea.
- PRESS RELEASE: Bristol Recruitment Firm Expands Globally With Launch Of First U.S. Office
- Posted By Mark Lloyd on 29th July 2020
- South Wales Tech Leader's Breakfast Briefing
- Posted By Bea Meyrick on 27th July 2020
- iO Net Virtual Meetup - with Scott Hanselman
- Posted By Stella Webster on 12th July 2020