Posted on August 2020 By Michelle Smith
On Wednesday, iO Associates consultants, Bea Meyrick and Inness Law, hosted our latest Java Virtual Meetup. They were joined by Dave Farley, Founder and Director of Continuous Delivery Ltd, who presented an amazing talk on the growing pains in Continuous Delivery, and explained some strategies to cope with them.
The deployment pipeline is a central idea in Continuous Delivery. It represents the channel through which ideas inside your business flow to the outside world so that they can be delivered to your users in the form of working software. Creating a working deployment pipeline at first can be rewarding as they help to improve the quality of the software and lead to happier users. As teams mature in their adoption of Continuous Delivery though, the pipeline often begins to slow. We have more tests, we are testing more complex things, our software becomes more complex and more difficult to deploy.
Dave took us through how we address these growing pains, what the next steps are beyond the CD beginner’s basic automation, and how we can optimise to meet and exceed our needs.
It was great to see so many familiar faces and some new ones at this meetup! This platform means that we can reach more of our community and interact with you directly. iO Associates get the most in-demand speakers on your choice of topics so please get in touch if you have any suggestions.
You can view the full video here:
- Introducing iO Associates' Exciting RPO Partnership with Pinewood!
- Posted By Andy Bush on 26th February 2024
- iO Associates Unveils Tech Workplace Priorities, in Collaboration with techSPARK
- Posted By Jamie Wightman on 19th February 2024
- Precision Resource Group (PRG) Achieves Prestigious Placement in Recruiter HOT 100
- Posted By iO Associates on 31st January 2024