Posted on May 2021 By Harry Booth
iO Associates are delighted to bring you the next interview in our group, ‘The Defence Series’. This interview was with Rebecca Fitch, Women in Defence – STEM in Defence Award Winner.
In this interview, iO’s Delivery Business Manager Harry-Jon Booth and Rebecca discussed topics including:
- Winning the award
- The journey in to physics at university
- Her advice for women wanting to enter STEM subjects and defence
- How she has found working in Defence
- Rebecca’s YouTube channel ‘Science with Bexy’. Rebecca has made 65 videos, breaking down physics topics in a fun and interactive way to encourage more people to engage in the field
Rebecca Fitch is a Systems Engineer working for Optima Systems Consultancy. In March last year, Rebecca started her YouTube channel 'Science with Bexy'. The channel began to encourage individuals to take a real interest in STEM subjects and to present these topics in an engaging way.
Rebecca was nominated and won the Women in Defence award for her promotion of STEM subjects and is now an ambassador for women in STEM and women in defence. She believes now is the time to talk and make a change to under representation in the industry and also at the root level through Universities.
You can watch the full interview here:
Sign up to 'The Defence Series'
As part of The Defence Series, we are looking to bring together individuals from all walks of life – whether previous service history, working within the MoD, working for a prime or someone that’s just interested in finding out more.
We will be sharing a range of insights and running events on a regular basis with topics from; ‘The Battlefield to the Scrum-board’, ‘Innovation in Defence’, “Women in Defence’ and ‘The Future of SME’s’.
Sign up to our LinkedIn Group to find out more and stay up to date with our latest events and insights:https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8988174/
Or get in touch with Harry - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Introducing iO Associates' Exciting RPO Partnership with Pinewood!
- Posted By Andy Bush on 26th February 2024
- iO Associates Unveils Tech Workplace Priorities, in Collaboration with techSPARK
- Posted By Jamie Wightman on 19th February 2024
- Precision Resource Group (PRG) Achieves Prestigious Placement in Recruiter HOT 100
- Posted By iO Associates on 31st January 2024