Posted on July 2021 By Danny Watts
iO Associates are delighted to bring you the next interview in our group, ‘The Defence Series’. This interview was with Brigadier Sara Sharkey CBE, Head of Application Services and DevOps.
In this interview, iO’s Practice Director Danny Watts spoke with Sara about:
- Her CBE award for her work during COVID
- How to best sell services to the MOD as an SME or any other non-prime
- Whether we should focus more on STEAM as opposed to STEM when tackling diversity
- MODCloud and how that's enabled innovation across MOD
About Sara Sharkey:
Brigadier Sara Sharkey CBE joined 14 Signal Regiment back in 1991 and has undertaken three operational tours in Bosnia and one in Iraq. She is now the Head Of Applications Services and DevOps for Defence Digital and has recently been awarded a CBE for her work during the COVID-19 pandemic.
You can watch the full recording here:
As part of The Defence Series, we are looking to bring together individuals from all walks of life – whether previous service history, working within the MoD, working for a prime or someone that’s just interested in finding out more.
We will be sharing a range of insights and running events on a regular basis with topics from; ‘The Battlefield to the Scrum-board’, ‘Innovation in Defence’, “Women in Defence’ and ‘The Future of SME’s’.
Sign up to our LinkedIn Group to find out more and stay up to date with our latest events and insights: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8988174/
Or get in touch with Danny - email@example.com
- iO .Net Virtual Meetup - Implementing the Geode Pattern in Azure with Front Door
- Posted By Charlotte Herapath on 20th July 2021
- The Defence Series - An Interview with Brigadier Sara Sharkey CBE
- Posted By Danny Watts on 13th July 2021
- Women in Engineering; what do I know 🤷♀️?
- Posted By Josh Shaw on 22nd June 2021