Posted on March 2022 By Danny Watts
iO Associates are delighted to bring you the next interview in our group, ‘The Defence Series’. This interview was with David Tagg-Oram – Head of The Digital Foundry.
In this interview, iO’s Practice Director Danny Watts spoke with David about:
- His personal journey from Data Scientist in the private sector through to his current role as Head of The Digital Foundry
- The evolution of MOD’s software delivery mindset from project NELSON through to Navy Digital Services
- What changes he’s seen in other parts of the armed forces due to project NELSON
- What he sees as the natural evolution of The Digital Foundry
- When looking for industry partners, what things are important to David?
About David Tagg-Oram:
David is a technologist with extensive experience of delivering complex digital and data transformation programmes across the public sector. David is currently leading the establishment of Defence's Digital Foundry, a new digital exploitation capability for all of Defence.
The Foundry, which includes the new Defence AI Centre, is combining Defence's Centres of Expertise in Data, Automation and AI with new teams and digital skills, exploiting innovative software-intensive capabilities that will give Defence a strategic edge.
You can watch the full recording here:
As part of The Defence Series, we are looking to bring together individuals from all walks of life – whether previous service history, working within the MoD, working for a prime or someone that’s just interested in finding out more.
We will be sharing a range of insights and running events on a regular basis with topics from; ‘The Battlefield to the Scrum-board’, ‘Innovation in Defence’, “Women in Defence’ and ‘The Future of SME’s’.
Sign up to our LinkedIn Group to find out more and stay up to date with our latest events and insights: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/8988174/
Or get in touch with Danny - firstname.lastname@example.org