£55000 - £65000 per annum + pension, healthcare
£55-65,000k per annum plus benefits
Reporting up into the Head of Visualisation and Analytics, the Business Analyst (BA) will focus on capturing the requirements for the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
You will be responsible for working with the business to determine their reporting requirements. Once requirements have been identified they need to be communicated through to the Data Architect, Database Architect and Data Modellers. It is expected that as requirements change the BA acts as the communication focal point between the business and the data team.
- You will liaise with technical and non-technical staff to understand the data landscape, analyse, and prioritise key data processes.
- Create direct channels of communication between the business and data team that facilitates the creation of the EDW without managerial interjection.
- Using your ability to understand data you will highlight and flag potential impacts to data pipelines in use for the EDW.
- You will need to capture and investigate data to determine its viability for reporting alongside the business requirements.
- Mapping out business processes to understand how data flows between systems, this includes liaising with stakeholders explaining to them what data is available and how it could be used from a strategic perspective.
- Complete the business analysis around EDW requirements to a high standard, including definition glossary terms, business concepts and data workflow mapping.
- Consolidating the various data across sources to explain to the business those of value, bringing the stakeholders on the journey of how the sources can be used centrally within the EDW.
The Ideal Candidate
- Degree-level education Computer Science or Information Management, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years as a business analyst working with data teams, ideally focused on work in or around data warehouses.
- Ability to work effectively remotely and resourcefully, with excellent remote management and communication skills.
- Experience of working in an AGILE fashion.
- Worked with business facing Data and BI teams to capture requirements and translate them into data warehouse specific items of work.
- Experience of working on Data projects from the outset/ requirement gathering stage.
- Detailed analytical abilities focused on content consumption and Customer interaction patterns and frequencies.
- Can help with realistic estimation and planning for delivery, working with data modellers and the product owner.
- Experience in Agile delivery environment as a data business analyst.
- Excellent people, communication, and negotiation skills at all levels.
- Should possess excellent analytical and decision-making skills with the experience/ability to prioritise based on benefit/value.
- Understanding of Data Analytics best practices.
- Solid understanding of data warehousing principles, concepts, and best practices (e.g., ODS, Data Mart, Data Lakes).
- The ability to write and comprehend simple SQL queries is a requirement to help facilitate a thorough understanding of the data.
- Experience working in media, publishing, or related industries is a plus.
In return out client can offer very competitive salary including
- 100% home based (UK Only)
- 25 days holiday per annum
- Healthcare & Dental
- Contributory pension scheme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Free wellbeing apps and coaching support
- Lots of high street discounts!
If you are keen on this role would love to chat further on 0779 0020499.