£60000 - £65000 per annum + + Company Benefits.
Market leading and highly successful e-commerce business with global presence, urgently requires a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (Cloud SRE) for its offices in Oxfordshire.
As a Cloud Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) you will maintain the company's data lake and systems which accompany it. The ideal SRE's will be able to write code, not just script but code in Java, Kotlin or Python. As a SRE you will have a hands-on operational background, working with areas such Amazon Web Services (AWS), Hadoop, Big Data, Scripting Technologies, ETL Tools and Java or Python.
You are expected to solve problems within a complex and distributed hybrid-cloud environment, an environment which is the backbone to how the business operates.
How your day will look:
- Writing code.
- Building and expanding the Big Data ecosystem.
- Identifying the shortcomings in Big Data technologies.
- Leading cloud engineering best practices.
- Developing cloud-first solutions to Big Data challenges.
Skills & Experience:
- Software Coding/Development/Engineering experience with Java, Python or Kotlin.
- 1-5 years' experience with AWS cloud tools such as S3, EMR, Athena or CloudFormation.
- Track record of deploying, configuring & monitoring cloud platforms.
- Experienced in using open-source Big Data technologies, i.e., Hadoop, Hive, Presto & Spark
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems & Bash shell.
Competitive market salary and some benefits include: annual bonus, private medical & dental cover, wellbeing allowances and travel reimbursement.
Due to the current climate the following has been made available for you, remote working, flexible working patterns, virtual interviewing and open-ended start date & remote onboarding packages.
If you want to join a market leading business at the forefront of digital change, simply apply with your most recent CV or contact Stuart Lewis at iO Associates.