€60 - €70 per hour
Are you an experience Crash and Containment Engineer looking for a new challenge?
My client, a world-leader in the development of electric aircraft are looking to expand their team. If you're interested in working on the next-generation, groundbreaking (not literally) technologies in this sector then read below.
As a calculation engineer for the Crash & Impact Team, you will demonstrate a strong background in explicit FE analysis to help shape the future of urban e-mobility.
In this position, you will have the exciting opportunity to work within the rapidly growing Crash & Impact Team as part of the Calculation Department. You will report to the Team Lead Crash & Impact and be part of the multi-disciplinary Integrated Project Team for "Propulsion".
Your day to day:
- Analysis of short-term dynamic impact events to the Propulsion System (i.e. hail/bird ingestion, fan blade off and rotor burst containment) by means of explicit numerical simulations (FEM)
- Be responsible for numerical modelling (pre-processing), conduction of simulations / calculations, post-processing and reporting of the results
- Actively affect the design of components to withstand possible impact scenarios during the preliminary and detailed product development phase
- Serve as contact person to engineers from neighbouring disciplines regarding short-term dynamic events
Therefore, I am ideally seeking candidates that can demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- Experience in a similar position in the Aerospace industry is necessary
- Extensive knowledge of non-linear explicit FE analysis methods, structural mechanics and progressive failure analysis
- Practical experience in the use of the commercial explicit FE code Altair RADIOSS and the corresponding pre- and post-processing tools (HyperMesh & HyperView) is a must
- Fundamental understanding of composite & metallic structures failure, particularly under dynamic conditions, structural joints and physical/mathematical modelling approaches for all
- Experience in the analysis of impact events to engines and their surrounding structure in the framework of an aircraft engine certification programme is preferrable
- Experience with testing, article and fixture design and instrumentation is preferrable
- High level of self-reliance and autonomy, with the ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Ability to work with stakeholders to break work packages into logical and manageable sub-tasks which address requirements in a timely manner
- Target-oriented, driven workstyle with analytic problem solving skills required
- Fluent English language skills are essential, fluent German or any other language would be beneficial
This opportunity can also be offered on a REMOTE WORKING basis if preferred.
If you'd like to learn more, please apply via the link on this advert and I will call you as soon as possible to discuss the opportunity in detail.