€45 - €90000 per annum + + Benefits
Be a part of the future of air travel!
My client is a ground-breaking innovator in the area of electric air mobility. Due to exceptional growth, they are seeking an experienced Customs Specialist to join their team based in Munich, Germany for a minimum period of 6 months (there is a high possibility of extension beyond this date)
The role itself can be carried out on a part-remote working basis with 2-3 days per week on site.
Your role and your team:
You will report directly to the Head of Logistics and work closely together with various internal and external stakeholders. This offers a great opportunity to work cross functional and gain valuable insight and a network across the whole company.
You will be part of a team that includes Logistics Operators as well as Logistics Specialists and support their mission to supply the future of air mobility by providing a reliable, innovative and customer-oriented Logistics service alongside the supply chain.
The customs specialist will be responsible for inbound and outbound customs and the key person who drives and supports various activities to ensure a state of the are customs process.
- Ensure a robust and legally compliant inbound and outbound customs process in close cooperation with internal and external stakeholders including authorities
- Secure customs clearance before goods receipt enabling an on time material provision towards production
- Create customs declarations for imports and exports and manage customs clearance
- Drive problem solving concerning overarching customs and foreign trade issues and provide sustainable solutions
- Set up all systems and processes to optimise customs and import duties, reduce risks associated with customs matters considering local specifics
- Generate procedures and ensure process adherence to comply with the DOA, POA and Part 145 requirements
- Support and consult various internal business areas as well as projects in customs affairs
- Define requirements towards suppliers and take active part in supplier negotiations
- Build a strong relationship and close collaboration with customs authorities and internal stakeholders
- Support Logistics Outbound activities including dispatch and transport
- Conduct customs trainings and promotion across the company
Therefore, I am ideally seeking candidates that can demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- Experience of customs experience specific to processes and regulations
- Strong operational and technical skills in the field of Customs
- Familiarity with domestic and international geography including countries and major cities
- Profound knowledge in Logistics and supply chain
- Thorough knowledge of origin and value provisions, customs laws and regulations, and other export documents (CvO, EUR1, ATR) both internationally and nationally (Germany)
- Proven experience in drafting electronic transport declarations and declarations for importing and exporting (including experience with preferential arrangements)
- Experience in HTS classification
- Attention to detail, including the ability to predict and circumvent issues before they occur and taking the proper corrective action
- Customs Broker's License a plus
- Experience in export control & compliance is beneficial
- Willingness to take ownership and to transfer improvement ideas into reality
- Team player with analytic problem-solving skills and a high customer focus
- MS Office
- ERP / WMS System
- English minimum C1, German B2 is required
- Problem solver
- Speak up mentality
- Disciplined and Structured
- Autonomous way of working
Interested? Please feel free to apply via the link on this advert and I will contact you as soon as possible to discuss the opportunity in detail.