€70000 - €80000 per annum
The Future Of Air Travel Has Arrived!
My client, a well-established name in the field of next-generation electric aircraft, are currently seeking and experinced Test Engineer/Electrician to work on site for at least 12 months. Some key information about the opportunity is below:
Your role and your team:
Based within the Systems Testing department, you will carrt out a variety of functions to facilitate component, system and aircraft level tests for research, development and certification.
Covering the technology areas: Propulsion, Batteries, Structures, Environmental Tests and Hardware in the Loop (HIL), the department is set up in three divisions: Testing, Test Management and Test Operations.
You will report to the Team Leader of the Test Operations team, where you will be supporting the setup of an integration lab. Your scope of work comprises of the design, assembly and commissioning of switchgear for integration test rigs and low voltage test rigs up to 1 kV (AC & DC) and the maintenance of this equipment and facilities. In your role you work in close collaboration not only with your colleagues in Test Operations but also with colleagues from the Testing division. You ensure that electrical test setups meet the required quality standard for safe electrical installations.
Your day-to-date tasks will include:
- Design, assembly, commissioning and documentation of switchgear for mechanical test rigs and low voltage test rigs up to 1 kV (AC & DC) according to Low Voltage Directive & Machine Directive
- Integration of switchgear into rigs including commissioning
- Procurement of parts for assembly and commissioning
- Support administrative tasks related to electrical installation of the facility and its equipment
- Work on any ad-hoc related projects or tasks provided by management
Therefore, I am ideally seeking candidates with the followin skills and expertise:
- Ability to read, understand and implement manufacturing instructions, electrical diagrams and mechanical drawings.
- Experienced handling of hand tools, power tools, diagnostic and measuring equipment
- Knowledge and experience in the practical application of electrical standards such as: DIN EN 61439 series or comparable standards of the electrical industry or from control cabinet construction is beneficial
- Experience with electrical systems up to 1 kV DC is beneficial
- Experience with high-voltage / high-power batteries for automotive applications is beneficial
- Efficient operation of standard IT software such as MS office and the willingness to learn other software tools (e.g. data bases)
- Team player with high sense of responsibility, craftsmanship and the ability to work based on verbal and written instructions or complex and detailed documentation. Target-oriented and motivated workstyle with analytic, autonomous problem-solving skills to organize own work and accomplish tasks
- Good English language skills in spoken and written are required, German language is a plus
Does this sound like you? If so, go ahead and click the apply button below and I'll be in touch to talk about this exciting opportunity in more detail!