€40 - €50 per hour
This is a fantastic opportunity to get involved in the development of a brand new, next generation electric aircraft that is set to completely revolutionise the way we travel.
This cutting edge, futuristic concept combines the two key factors of convenience and sustainability through the development of their digital platforms and green power technology.
As the Electronics Hardware Engineer, you'll report to the Energy IPT Team Lead, this department is solely responsible for designing and developing the electrical, energy storate and thermal management systems for the aircraft.
Focussing on the Energy Management System, you will be part of an interdisciplinary team responsible for the design of the electrical system of from prototype through to production.
From interface definitions to detailed design, safety analysis and testing, you will be involved in formal development in accordance with DO254, DO178C and DO160G.
Typically, your day-to-day tasks will include:
- Capture, author, link and validate hardware requirements for the equipment which makes up the aircraft electrical system.
- Support or lead detailed design of power electronics equipment.
- Contribute to safety assessments such as FTAs etc.
- Consult with engineers of other disciplines, for example software and systems engineers to guide the design.
Therefore, I am ideally seeking candidates that can demonstrate the following skills and expertise:
- Professional experience in the aerospace, automotive or railway industry is required.
- Experience of power electronics, high voltage (up to 1kVDC) semiconductors within electrical systems
- Experience in aerospace certification procedures and hardware development lifecycle according to RTCA/DO-254 is mandatory.
- Strong knowledge of DO160 is also beneficial.
- Experience with Schematic capture and PCB layout board EDA tools, and with grounding, shielding and EMC design techniques.
- Experience with power and analogue systems design and integration such as system energy distribution, switched mode power electronics design or battery management systems.
- Strong motivation to help build structures and processes is required.
- High level of self-reliance with the ability to work in a team, as well as autonomously is required.
- Target-oriented, driven work style with analytic problem-solving skills required.
- Ability and willingness to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment is required.
- Fluent English language skills are essential. German or any other language is considered an asset.
Please note: Although remote working is possible in the first instance, you will be expected to be on-site when COVID improves enough to alow this.
If this position is of interest to you, please apply via the below link and I'd be happy to discuss the opportunity with you in detail.