£55000 - £65000 per annum
We are looking for an adaptable Embedded Software Design and Development Engineer to join one of the UK's major defence companies in Stevenage.
You will be responsible for developing the real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems.
This is a hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing and testing the missile subsystem software products and evolutions for future products.
The salary for this role will be between £55,000 - £65,000 p/a
What are we looking for?
- Significant previous experience with embedded ADA.
- Ability to debug complex problems.
- A 'can do' attitude and an approach focused on a timely high quality delivery.
- A focus on code quality and to engage in code and design reviews.
- Development of maintainable and extensible code (to adapt to the change in requirements etc.)
- Desirable / Advantageous:
- Experience in model-based development, either in SysML/UML using tools such as IBM's Rhapsody or in Matlab/Simulink.
- Knowledge of Real Time Operating Systems such as PikeOS.
- Experience in low level driver development and interface with Firmware
- Experience of developing software products under Windows and Linux development environments for ARM based multi-core processing platforms.
- Knowledge of standards such as DefStan 00-55 & RTCA 178B/C and restricted coding standards such as MISRA.
- Exposure to IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Understanding and use of concepts such as Continuous Integration (Jenkins) and Test Driven Development.
Please submit your CV for consideration or contact Jordan Pyatt at iO Associates on 01173 328100.