£24000.00 - £26000.00 per annum
iO Associates have partnered with a global FMCG business based in Halifax, in the search for a QA Technologist. This role is ideal for a graduate looking for their first role in the food industry.
The company has a longstanding history and have many well known brands, put people first and have a good track record of developing those that are ambitious and willing to get stuck in.
As the QA Technologist, you will report to the Compliance Manager and you will help to ensure food safety, quality, hygiene, pest control, health, safety & environmental standards are maintained.
You will do this by co-ordinating the compliance elements of raw material intake (ingredients and packaging) such as making arrangements for testing, documentation, traceability and supplier reviews. You will be a key contact for suppliers, supporting the site in managing complaints, accidents, issue and incident prevention and investigations, and you will also implement continuous improvements to the systems, processes and standards.
It will be a mixture of computer based systems work and going down on the factory floor, collecting samples such as micro's to send to the lab for testing. You will get involved with audits and ensure the site teams maintain GMP and H&S operating standards.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Graduate ideally in a Food related Subject
- Ability to work and connect cross functionally
- Able to demonstrate an appetite for knowledge and personal/professional development
- Able to see opportunities to improve practices to deliver a tangible benefit
- Respectful and curious, but at the same time resilient and results-oriented
- Willing to go above and beyond scope of role
- Positive 'can do' demeanour
- Thorough and diligent with an eye for detail
- Proven track record to deliver against deadlines
- Confident with use of IT
The role is onsite in Halifax 5 days a week and the hours will be 7am-3:30pm
In return you will receive a starting salary between £24,000-£26,000 along benefits that include:
- 5% Performance related bonus
- 25 days holiday plus BH
- Pension Scheme
- Parking onsite
If you feel you meet most of these criteria and you would like to find out more, then don't hesitate to get in touch and apply today!