Up to £70000.00 per annum + car, bonus , pension
Are you an experienced NPD professional with a background in Savoury foods? Have you got what it takes to lead a companies NPD agenda? If yes then this role could be for you.
iO Associates have partnered with a global snack food manufacturer in the search for a Head of Product Development - Savoury. The role is key in developing and delivering the brand growth and the value improvement plan. You will influence and drive the 3-year brand growth agenda, working with teams to develop a product development strategy and taking accountability for delivery of the plan.
The role can be based out of High Wycombe, Manchester or Chiswick Park and will require some UK travel (approx 25%).
As a member of the R&D leadership team, you will be responsible for all aspects of innovation on savoury brands. You will have 5-6 direct reports from managers based in High Wycombe & Manchester and you will be working collaboratively with marketing, supply chain, quality and the broader R&D team to ensure successful delivery of plans, appropriate and timely resource allocation, collaborative ways of working and seamless handovers.
Being a natural leader is a must as it will be a major part of your role to set the right examples of high work ethics as well as living and breathing the company values, being a true ambassador for the R&D team. Having a keen eye for growth will serve you well as you oversee the NPD process, authorising key stages within the technical change process.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Degree or equivalent in Food or related science or Engineering
- Expansive experience in a food manufacturing environment in baked products and snacks - experience in savoury products would hugely advantageous
- Proven track record of project leadership within several product launches, some of which should have included the installation of new technology, formats, machinery or processes
- Strong technical background in baked product development, ingredients and process technologies with solid understanding of nutrition and regulatory regime
- Proven interpersonal skills and team building/motivating experience
- Wide knowledge of in market baked product portfolio including recipes, processes and packing facilities utilised
In return you will receive a salary of £70,000, along with benefits including:
- 15% bonus
- Car allowance worth £7,000
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days holiday
- 4x Life Assurance
- Pension 9%
If you think you got what it takes to succeed in this role then I want to hear from you! Get in touch today and apply below.