£80000 - £85000 per annum + great benefits
Liquid error: internal
Are you looking for a role in which you will have ownership of your project and a wonderful company to work for?
Your wish has been heard!
One of our key clients is looking for a Lead Data Architect to work on one of the most important and colossal project for a conglomerate in the energy sector. You will be on a mission to deliver a massive project which involves stakeholders from fields as diverse as construction, energy, data and technology from the lowest level all the way up to the Exec Board Level.
Your knowledge of Data Architecture will be relied upon, and you will be a trusted partner within a big team of talented technologists. Currently in the building phase of the project, the data will be engineered and moved from a place to another, hence your first mission will be to get familiar with the overarching project so you may advise on the data and information architecture from start to finish.
This is a critical role, business facing hence you will use your faculty to adapt to different personalities, speak to a lot of different areas and customers. You will meet senior management all the way down to technical and business alike.
Combining this communication ability with a deep knowledge of data, you will have access to everything from construction data, to the supply chain, the hardware, etc... In one word, your knowledge of data and data modelling, or "how do we get it from one place to another safely and efficiently" will be the key part of this role.
Respected and trusted, you will have the opportunity to use the data which has been handled via organicaly growned or bespoke models. The below will give you an idea of the data structure in place at the moment:
- 5 big core systems which work like silos but now need to communicate (these are are to stay)
- Data from various sources and taking different forms: document control system, asset integrity systems, logistics systems, Information engineering platform, etc... (this will need to be organised adequately)
- Data stored in an Excel structure with a layer of power BI (you will decide whether this is enough or needs to be changed, diluted in another pool of data or rehauled completely)
The main objective of the project is now to get to a point where it is possible to use the new data warehousing system and will hence requires all of the above to communicate together. Hence, both data migrations and data integrations will have to be decided and actioned - a third party will operate them, but the candidate will do architecture and design that will need to be followed.
- Extensive experience as a Data Architect or Information Architect or Enterprise Architect
- Understanding of complex technical challenges
- Communication skills spanning from low level technicians and business alike to high level VP, C-suite and high level management across various industries
This is an exceptional and "once in a lifetime opportunity" to work on a colossal data architecture project and leave a real mark of what you recognise as being "the best practice" for such a huge project. If you like challenges and want to know more about this opportunity, apply and I will reach out to you with more details. Alternatively, you can also send me an email at a.potenza @ ioassociates.co.uk