£65000 - £80000 per annum
Position: Lead Software Developer
Location: Remote - One office visit per month in Reading.
Salary: Up to £80,000 (DOE)
Essentials: Must have 5 years residency in the UK and be able to obtain Security Clearance.
Are you a Lead Software Developer looking to work for an exciting business that provides intelligence software for government and commercial sites across the UK?
Do you have good experience using C#/.Net, .Net Core, SQL Server, Linux, Containerisation, Queue Systems and Microservice Architecture? If so, this role might be for you!
About the company:
My client offers an extensive array of security solutions for situational intelligence amidst ground and aerial risks.
Backed by decades of expertise, they consistently customise solutions to align with the unique technical demands and challenges confronted by their clients.
This dedication ensures a profound understanding of the situation while steadfastly working towards fortifying the security of a location, irrespective of the prevailing environment or industry.
- Lead a software engineering team - managing the development and testing of sensitive security software.
- Work with the architecture team to provide input to the designs and technical plans used for resourcing to create estimates.
- Provide input into the sprint planning process outlining sprint goals.
- During the Sprint you will manage the team's resources effectively to ensure maximum progress is being always made and removing any blockers, whilst also ensuring quality software is being delivered.
- Manage the development of elastic/cloud scale Command and Control applications.
- Assist in the maintenance of existing customer systems through a bug triage and resolution process.
- Contribute to the analysis of requirements in the design of new systems.
- Develop automated testing solutions and manage unit testing coverage.
- Adapt software design methods, tools and techniques.
- Undertake impact analysis on major design options, make recommendations and assesses and manages associated risks.
- Contribute to the development of organisational software design and architecture policies and standards.
- Conduct routine one-on-one meetings with every team member, addressing concerns and strategies for the future.
- Mentor and support the work of the senior developers.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience managing and mentoring developers.
- High level of experience with C#.NET
- High level of experience with SQL Server and Database platforms
- High level understanding of Linux
- High level understanding of Containerisation
- Understanding of Microservice Architecture
- Understanding of Azure Dev Ops for work management, building pipelines and source control including branching and pull requests.
- Understanding of Agile Ceremonies - sprint planning, standups and retrospectives.
- Previous experience working in the Defence and Security Sector would be ideal.
If you feel this role suits your experience and you are looking for a new exciting position, apply today and I will set up a call accordingly.