£75000 - £90000 per annum + Hybrid Working & Company Benefits
Lead Technology Consultant wanted by booming and rapidly expanding UK Digital Agency.
- Head Offices - Swindon & Reading.
- Hybrid Working - Onsite 3-4 times per month.
- This is a non-technical role, however having a technical background as an Engineer or Architect will be beneficial.
- £90,000 base salary + company benefits.
As a Lead Technical Consultant, you will report directly to the CTO, championing the technical vision of projects. Working collaboratively with clients and their stakeholders, designing effective solutions, delivering products, whilst aligning these with the technical strategy.
We expect you to have a record of accomplishment in developing and building relationships with third parties, key stakeholders, and clients. Stakeholder Management will be an integral part of the role and at least 80% of your responsibilities. Therefore, regular communication will be key within this role, whether internal with the team(s) or external with clients!
You will also be responsible in identifying and mitigating any risks related to the overall delivery of projects.
Knowledge & Experience
- Confident communicator, with excellent experience within stakeholder management.
- Record of accomplishment in building and owning technical roadmaps.
- Capable of being the voice of technical teams and facilitating relationships with indirect stakeholders.
- Experience with bridging gaps between the technical and non-technical audiences.
- A broad understanding of technology or technical background, whether development languages (.Net or Node.js preferred), web-based applications or cloud-based solutions (AWS preferred) and CI/CD workflows & DevOps practices.
Other Responsibilities & Contributions
- Articulate the value of technical work to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Make, justify, and guide decisions within client leadership teams.
- Build consensus between stakeholders when negotiating complex or controversial technical decisions.
- Identify potential solutions to architectural problems, articulating pros/cons of alternative approaches, and assisting stakeholders to reach design clarity.
- Document and explain technical designs to the technical team.
- Evolve the architecture based on the needs of the product.
- Encourage the team to share technical solutions to best fit the architecture.
- Facilitate technical discussions to uncover new insights and best practices.
- Work with the Tech Lead to facilitate the scaling of delivery / engineering teams.
- Mentor and empower tech teams to deliver.
Desirable Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of GDS (Government Digital Standards).
- Digital Agency background, working in large complex projects with large-scale organisations.
If you are wanting to join a business doing great things, please reach out with an updated CV or contact Stuart Lewis at iO Associates.
s.lewis @ ioassociates.co.uk