Up to €0.00 per annum
Are you an ambitious and experienced Materials / Process Engineer? Are you looking to join a cutting edge engineering firm spearheading the latest technology? Our client, a truly exciting name at the forefront of the aerospace sector, are currently looking for a Materials and Process Engineer with a background in writing M&P specifications for metallic and composite structures.
Your Day to Day:
- Write and support M&P specifications, especially for metallic structure and fastened composite structure
- Responsible for supporting the development of material and process specifications for metallic and composite structure
- Provide engineering expertise for a wide variety of general fabrication and assembly techniques, including machining, joining, and corrosion protection standards
- Provide engineering support for manufacturing process industrialisation, including metal forming selection, heat treatment selection, and failure analysis
- Support various program needs including design failure mode and effect analysis, substantiation of non-conformance dispositions, root cause and corrective action analyses as related to various specifications
- Degree in mechanical, aerospace, chemical, materials engineering or similar (PhD/ MSc preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years working in an aerospace materials and process certification environment
- Experience in defining material test standards and statistical design allowable development
- Experience with casting and/or forging material and process
- Experience with fastened composite structure
- Experience as the technical expert on new manufacturing processes in supporting design activities is a plus
- Highly energetic personality is desirable, with a goal-oriented working style and demonstrated analytical problem solving skills
This will initially be a 6 month contract on a remote working basis - some on site work / travel will be required.