NPD Technologist

  • Location


  • Sector:


  • Job type:


  • Salary:

    £28000.00 - £31000.00 per annum + bonus

  • Contact:

    Tommy Collishaw

  • Contact email:

  • Job ref:


iO Associates have partnered with a Global FMCG business in the search for a NPD Technologist to join the team in Kegworth.

In this customer facing role you will be hands on developing recipes and products for the major retailers such as Tesco, Sainsburys, Asda and Morrisons, ensuring the correct raw materials are sourced and the innovation pipelines keeps moving forward.

The role is purely Product development based and once the product is ready for launch, it will be handed over to the process team. The role is roughly 30% lab based, developing the recipes and the other 70% desk based, sourcing raw materials, communicating with the retailers and suppliers, writing specifications etc.

You will be given specific projects by your manager, the NPD product manager in which you will be given the autonomy to project manage yourself from concept to launch. With the focus being on retailers, you will represent the company at customer presentations, doing market reports and sharing your knowledge internally. As you progress you will use what you have learnt from previous projects to optimise the portfolio of products and identify new areas for business growth meaning you will also develop your commercial understanding of NPD such as recipe costs and production requirements.

To be successful in this role you will need:

  • Degree Level Education preferred within a science/food qualification
  • FMCG NPD experience, ideally 3+ years
  • NPD development; proven ability to develop & launch successful products
  • Experience working with retailers

In return you will receive salary between £28,000-£31,000 and benefits that include a bonus scheme up to 10%, company pension and 25 days holiday plus BH.

If you meet most of these criteria and you would like to find out more about this opportunity, don't hesitate to get in touch today and apply.