£60000 - £95000 per annum
Optical Straylight Engineer
Location: Bavaria, Germany
Salary: Up to €95000 + Benefits
Role: Fulltime - Flexible Remote Working
Start Date: ASAP
iO Associates are partnered with a German space company engaged in international projects including manned space flight, satellites, security, and reconnaissance.
The client is looking for an experienced Optical Straylight Engineer to develop their optical systems.
The role will centre around straylight design, analysis and simulation of optical systems throughout the whole development cycle and acting as the technical interface to suppliers to navigate their straylight development. Other aspects of the role involve definition of optical straylight requirements, verification and correction strategies for optical systems, subsystems, and equipment.
The role will take part in defining and conducting studies to aid design decisions, the support of proposals, planning of new projects, and presenting the results of your work in internal and external meetings with the customers.
Providing support on system level and performing on sub-system level the opto-mechanical integration, alignment, characterization, and test activities in clean rooms, as well as bread boarding in the optics lab will take place.
Further responsibilities included the establishment and maintenance of technical documentation of optical related task and the support in the further development of optical design processes and tools, as well as core competences and enabling technologies
The ideal candidate will have very strong communication and documentation skills and be able to work with a multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and multi-language team.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in optics, physics, engineering, or related technical discipline
- Deep understanding of straylight analysis, design, characterization and verification of complex optical systems
- Experience developing space optical instruments, telescopes, spectrometers, and interferometers
- Proficiency in straylight analysis software such as ASAP or FRED
- Proficiency in optical design software such as ZENMAX (NSC) or Code V]
- Experience in scripting with Python (and MatLab)
- Experience in relevant sectors: Defence, Aviation, Medical Devices, Meteorology, Aviation and Space etc.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in teams
- Excellent English skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in the space flight industry, preferably with ESA or DLR projects
- Experience working in clean room environment from ISO5 to ISO8
This is an exciting role with lots of variation in day-to-day activities making full use of your skills offering multiple projects to work on. A fantastic opportunity for those wanting to work within the space sector with a top organisation.
The client is willing to sponsor work visas and will provide relocation support.
If you would like to hear more, please apply here.