Up to £0.00 per annum
6 months min
Are you an outstanding Performance Development Engineer with a drive to find new engineering solutions? Do you want a join an innovative team working on the future of urban e-mobility?
Our client, a truly exciting name at the forefront of the aerospace sector, are currently looking for a Perfomance Development Specialist to work as part an integrated cross-functional team to hlpe drive the development, certification, and delivery of the performance mode for a cutting edge propulsion system.
Your Day to Day:
- Develop and model the performance of the propulsion system using Matlab/Simulink.
- Define and integrate subsystems and components models within a larger framework in Matlab/Simulink
- Specification of system, subsystem, and components requirements
- Contribute to trade-off studies between the different sub-systems, in particular, related to the performance of the electrical machine and power electronics.
- Contribute to modeling activities and model development of the propulsion actuators and their dynamic behavior.
- Provide detailed reports for certification purposes.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field is required
- 5+ years of experience in the aviation sector - dealing with modeling, performance modeling, or actuator dynamics is required
- Experience with Simulink/Matlab is required
- Background in the modeling of the performance of electric machines, power electronics, and electrical actuator dynamics.
- Project management experience is beneficial
- Experience in capture tools, such as Siemens Polarion or IBM Rational Doors is advantageous
- Fluent English language skills are required
This will be a 6 month contract initially (minimum) based on a 40 hours/week. Working remote is possible (during Coronavirus), later on working onsite from time to time is required