€300 - €375 per day
The Pipe Stress Engineer is responsible for the stress analysis for my client that specialises in Energy.
Their main products are HRSG's (Heat Recovery Steam Generators), IB's (Industrial Boilers) and MSSR's (Molten Salt Solar Receiver).
You will carry out detailed pipe stress engineering from the initial order request stage, thorugh to the provisional acceptance of the equipment.
You will be particularly responsible to ensure that the pipe stress analysis of the product is compliant to applicable industry standards as well as the contractual technical specifications defined in the Design Process according to the QMS (quality management system).
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Application of the Design Process,
- Pipe stress analysis of products for the proposals
- Detailed pipe stress analysis of products during project execution,
- Issue of calculation reports,
- Optimisation of the design,
- Conformity of the technical documentation to applicable standards
- Respect of Customer specifications and requirements,
- Technical risks assessments,
- Application of internal standards and good practices,
- Delivery of the technical documentation to the Project Team according to the project schedule and within the specified budget.
Therefore, I am ideally seeking candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Understanding of international codes and norms (ASME, ISO and EN) in particular with ASME B31 and EN13480
- Technical skills related to products (thermal, mechanical design)
- Software skills with Caesar II
- General knowledge of steel materials
- Ability to read mechanical drawings (especially piping isometric drawings)
- Application of internal technical choices
- Understanding of his professional environment
- Understanding of product and organisation interfaces
- Knowledge of the MS Office, particularly Excel
- Fluent in English (reading, speaking, listening)
- French language skills would also be an advantage
If this position is of interest to you and you'd like to apply, please do so via the link on this advert and I will call you as soon as possible to discuss the opportunity in more detail.