£270 - £275 per day
Press Officer - Exeter/Remote - 5 Month Contract - £270 Per Day - Inside IR35
We have registered an exciting new role working for a government agency on a contract basis. You will be responsible for UK-wide press communications and engagement. With major international changes incoming, this opportunity comes at a crucial time when our client requires sweeping coverage of these events.
Press Officer Responsibilities
Main duties will include:
- Proactively building internal and external relationships
- Responding to media enquiries
- Content creation
- Organising press conferences
- Monitoring media coverage
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Press release and feature writing
- Able to build relationships with journalists and media contacts
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with individuals with differing levels of understanding and communication skills
- Able to produce clear and accurate written communication
- Demonstratable experience in journalism, PR, or communications
- Elevated level of communication and interpersonal skills. Clearly spoken with good telephone, face to face and presentation skills
- Social media expertise and understanding of the relationship between industry and the media
- Experience working in a climate, weather or other science would be helpful or simply a busy press office with the confidence to take on new work and juggle appropriately
Contract Start Date: 11/10/2021
Contract End Date: 31/03/2021
Based in Exeter with the flexibility to work remotely 1-3 times per week.
The successful candidate will be required to be part of an on-call roster to cover out of hours media support. This will be approximately one week per month.
The closing date for applications is 30/09/2021 so get in touch with me directly on o.gerrard- ASAP for the best chance of being considered for the role.