€80000 - €120000 per annum
We are seeking a Principal level PHP Software Engineer that will work directly with the CTO of an leading SaaS Start up based out of Berlin.
This a fully remote PHP role and can be based anywhere across Europe.
Supporting the CTO:
- You'll have a unique opportunity to guide the teams in determining the appropriate technologies, structuring of data and workflows for supporting complex real-time statistics for our Voice-of-the-Customer platform.
- This role will require technical mentorship and collaboration across engineering and product teams. The scope of technical work required will range from architecture design and proof of concept implementation, to development of data services and storage solutions as needed.
- Responsible for reviewing existing data architectures to determine overall effectiveness and compliance with original objectives, develop comprehensive strategies for improving or replacing underperforming areas and present these plans to managers and executives.
- In depth experience/expertise in architecting scalable data platforms to support enterprise analytic environments
- Hands on experience working with large data sets - at least a billion records per table
- 10+ years of experience in the development of database-driven web applications
- In depth SQL expertise
- Solid knowledge of "good practices" in object-oriented programming
- Very good knowledge in writing backend services/features using PHP 7/8
- Experience with frameworks like Symfony or Laravel
- Experience in testing and debugging software
- Fluent in English
- Salary is flexible for the right person, circa €100k
- Working in one of the leading SaaS startups in Germany
- Flat hierarchies and guidance from our experienced and talented management team
- An international team and great atmosphere with regular events
- Mobile office and flexible working hours
- Private company pension plan
- Structured on-boarding plan with your own buddy to support your daily workflow
- Regular feedback meetings
- Up to 30 days of vacation, earning 1 additional vacation day each year of employment
- One sabbatical month after each year of employment
- After 2 years Master Card with a credit
- Free gym membership and great cooperation with different partners for employee discounts
- Yearly education budget of 1.000€ for job-related training (after 6 months of employment)