£50 - £50000 per annum
Product Owner/Solutions Architect
£40-50k per annum (dependant on experience)
As a Product Owner/Solution Architect, you will be joining highly driven team to represent the fusion of technology with business insight and work to build software applications that are made to suit our client's needs.
In this role, you will work confidently alongside account managers, project managers, development teams and most importantly, our clients. Using your knowledge of technology and software development you will be the driving force behind solutions that meet our clients' expectations. Your role will be to analyse client requirements, identify and implement suitable technological solutions that anticipate future client needs. With highly technological knowledge, you should have the skills to look at clients' business problems and produce creative ideas that exceed the original proposal. Playing a key role in turning client visions into effective processes, you will manage the entire lifecycle of projects to ensure they are technically sound, fit-for-purpose and delivered on time and to the highest standards. You should be able to think creativity and 'big picture' but must also back up your ideas and recommendations by writing detailed user stories that can be successfully implemented by development teams.
This role is ideal for an experienced developer who is looking to move away from coding to conceiving solutions, or for a passionate and technically minded business analyst involved in creating solutions for clients. This individual will need to have the ability to interact with clients and account handlers at a variety of levels across functions, as well as manage client expectations to ensure their satisfaction.
You will need to have a keen interest in technology, strong desire to learn and keep on top of the latest trends. Experience with projects involving machine learning or AI would be beneficial but not compulsory.
- Understand client requirements and provide a noteworthy contribution to innovative solutions that solve the requirements within the allocated budget
- Receive, log and track all bugs/changes/requests from applications related to problems and questions.
- Develop project specifications with clear timescales, scope, skills, and effort required in conjunction with the relevant internal stakeholder.
- Gather input from clients, users, and other members of the team to create wireframes and storyboards.
- Oversee development and testing of projects - reporting any potential issues, changing requirements or project slippage in a timely manner and assist in coordinating any solutions to problems identified pre- and post-delivery. Work with stakeholders to agree and define the project vision and roadmap.
- Manage the product backlog, having regular meetings with relevant stakeholders to drive progress against upcoming projects, change requests and outstanding issues. 2020
- Act as an effective interface between the client and development team - communicating project requirements and reporting/dealing with problems as they occur
- Collaborate and coordinate activities with other Product Owners to streamline activities and make better use of internal resources.
- Working closely with the client, Client Services and Technology team, you are the major contributor to the requirements specification deliverable. You are to write and take ownership of the functional requirements.
- Perform feasibility analysis, scope, and project management to prioritise deliverables and negotiate on product functionalities.
- Understand the development processes and be very analytical with problem-solving and conflict resolution to help identify, communicate and resolve issues.
- Participate in Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Functionality Testing.
Approximate time split of activities (will vary depending on seniority) 30% Writing user stories 25% Developing strategy and roadmaps 25% Client and team meetings 20% Managing Scrum team & verifying stories
Skills and experience
- 2-3 years' experience or more in similar type of role, or 4 years' development experience
- A quick learner with the ability to quickly develop insight into the client and subject matter
- Experience in writing user stories or technical specifications
- Strong knowledge of software development practices - the lifecycle and methodologies
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with stakeholders that have different technology-awa
- Ability to process a vast amount of information with a methodical approach
- Knowledge and understanding of web and mobile technologies and their application
Any of the following would be beneficial
- Business analysis, problem-solving and creative-thinking skills
- Experience with projects involving machine learning or AI
- Experience working on projects that involve system integration, and working with multiple vendors