£38000 - £59000 per annum + pension, healthcare
Project Controls Engineer, Planning x 6 - Defence - Plymouth
£38,000-£55,000k per annum (depending on experience)
Our client is dynamic, innovative, and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity, and the quality we deliver. As a result, their people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
Within our southwest region their infrastructure team has strong positions in Highways, Utilities, Rail and Defence. They are currently seeking people to join our organisation who have a positive outlook, are seeking development opportunities and have a strong foundation of technical understanding in their core area of activity.
- Create and maintain project schedules that assist and align with project requirements.
- Develop the project schedules in conjunction with the project manager and project team.
- Reduce uncertainty, understand objectives, and improve efficiency.
- Interact with project team to define scope of work to develop and update detailed schedules, cost information and identification of variances from original plan.
- Interact with and assist project managers to schedule work and coordinate assignments.
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas.
- Breakdown critical path and constraints to know the effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around.
- Assist project managers to maintain timely and effective change management processes and procedures.
- Adherence to NEC or FIDIC contract processes for management of schedule data and submissions.
- Assist project team to develop status reports to keep management informed on project progress.
- Conduct analysis to understand alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules.
- Undertake Project Reviews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Monitor and consolidate the overall project plans.
- Monitor the project manager's reporting system summarizing the progress status of all projects.
- Monitor and advise on status of project KPIs.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge and Proficiency with Primavera (P6) and/or other planning and resourcing software.
- Demonstrable Project Management and Planning techniques.
- Able to coordinate and work with other teams and have basic multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Good research and analytical skills, as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Professional working knowledge of project management and Planning software and tools.
Our client provides a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change. They want their people to succeed both in work and life. To support this they promote a healthy, productive, and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
If you would like to be part of this amazing company, please contact Kristina on 0779 0020499