Up to £19000.00 per annum + 25% shift allowance
Are you a recent chemistry graduate looking for to kick start your career in the lab? Do you have experience with GC-FID and spectrophotometry? If yes, then this role could be for you.
My client, a world leading Food & Drink business are looking for a QC Lab Technician to join their Quality Control team near Swadlincote. In this role, you carry out product testing on raw materials, intermediate and finished products and you will be in charge of the release of products for sale ensuring they comply with specifications. Additionally you will perform shelf life trials and it will be up to you to maintain detailed records in accordance with SOPs. Maintenance and calibration of equipment will your responsibility too, as will working in accordance to the H&S procedures.
This role is a 12 month FTC covering for maternity leave. During the initial 2 month training, you will work 8am-4pm Monday to Friday. Following training you will participate in a shift rota working between the hours of 6am and 7pm, Monday to Friday.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- 18+ months experience in a Chemical Laboratory, ideally in a food manufacturing environment
- A Level or equivalent in a science subject and Maths.
- Knowledge of UV/VIS spectrophotometer, colorimetry, GC-FID, particle size analysis an advantage
In return you will receive a starting salary of £19,000 with a 25% shift allowance after the initial 2 month training. You will also be entitled to:
- Life Assurance and Income Protection
- 25 days holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted Shopping and Bike 2 Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Fragrance Purchases
- Great Learning Culture
If you would like to find out more about this role click on the link and apply today!