£65000.00 - £73000.00 per annum
iO Associates have partnered with a world renowned Defence company based in Brighton, With several sites in the UK and across the globe, their complex EW technologies are unparalleled and so are their career opportunities.
Currently they are looking for a Safety & Reliability Engineer to join their team in Brighton working on complex electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic subsystems.
You can be based remotely, however you would be required to travel to Brighton from time to time, so ideally you will be within commutable distance.
In this role you will be calculating product reliability using 217plus, NPRD and/or Bellcore/Telcordia, calculating failure rates and other calculations related to reliability. You will also be able to understand and interpret customer / internal RM&T specifications to extract technical requirements.
On a day to day, you will be developing and conducting technical RMS studies such as reliability predictions, Safety Management Plans, Fault Tree Analysis, FMECA's, Hazardous Materials List, Hazard Analysis and it will be your responsibility to write safety cases using DEF STAN 00-56.
To be considered for this role my client is looking for you to have:
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Maths, Physics or related engineering field or equivalent experience
- Experience working within the guidelines of RMS (Reliability, Maintainability and Supportability) Government Specifications, Handbooks and applications.
- Experience with reliability analysis of aircraft and space equipment, military and commercial.
- Experience with reliability prediction software- e.g. RELEX, Weibull Block SIM,
- Goal Structure Notation (GSN) experience would be very advantageous Interest in forensic engineering, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action.
- Desirable to have a diversified background in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, and Safety Engineering fields.
- A background in complex Military or Aerospace systems is a benefit.
- Knowledge of software reliability and software reliability models is a plus.
In return you will receive a salary of £65,000-£73,000 DOE. As well as that you will get a handsome benefits package including:
- Private Medical & Dental Insurance
- Pension between 9-21% dependant on age
- 4x Life Assurance
- Sick pay scheme
- Other Voluntary benefits
If this role sounds of interest and you have experience in most of the area listed above, then do get in touch and apply today. Please be aware that this position would require you to obtain UK security clearance.