£40000.00 - £50000 per annum + Company benefits
Location: North Bristol
Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 PA + Benefits
Contract Type: Permanent
SECURITY CLEARANCE: It is essential that any applicant is eligible for UK security clearance.
I'm supporting a leading international defence company who require an additional Test Engineer to join their small but growing QA team in their new Bristol HQ. Having won a number of programmes in the last 6 months and delivering on a number of others for the UK MoD already, this role will be pivotal in our continued enterprise growth in the UK and be set to become future leaders and directors of the business in years to come.
We are hiring a number of Test Engineer to join us in the delivery of a key programme within our C4i division. You will be joining a small but growing agile software development team based out of Bristol. The team will comprise a number of developers, testers, systems engineers and architects and will be responsible for the design, development and integration of cutting edge software across a number of complex hardware systems used for communication and ISTAR.
As a tester within this team, you will be involved in working with systems engineers to ensure goals and architecture are understood and then with the software developers to assure that all software is thoroughly tested and without bugs. The applications being worked on are mission-critical and so such a role is pivotal in the deployment of some the British Army's most bleeding-edge equipment.
What we are looking for:
- Sole UK Citizenship
- A minimum 3 years experience in Software Testing
- Must be meticulous with Test Documentation
- Experience with a variety of Testing areas (Functional, Non-Functional, Integration, etc.)
- Experience in web application Testing
- Ability to identify problems with database and data handling
- Experience of writing automation frameworks from scratch
- Java Automation (Selenium, Cucumber)
Ideally you will also have:
- An understanding of White-box testing
- Experience with Postman for API Testing
- Experience within Linux/Unix environments
What can we offer you?
Our client is at the forefront of technological innovation within our industry and as our presence grows in the UK, we want to recruit talented individuals to build a cohesive and diverse group on numerous projects. We offer competitive salary packages, flexible working hours, health care options, life cover, family-friendly policies and a range of additional benefits including salary sacrifice schemes, discounts, access to Learning and Development tools and support for your and your family's health and wellbeing.
All the positions will be based full-time or with an alternative flexible arrangement from our offices either in Bristol, London or home-based (where the job allows).
- Competitive Salary with regular review
- 7% Pension
- Flexible and remote working
- Private Healthcare
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Company sick pay
- Autonomy and the platform to put your own stamp on things.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in then apply immediately!