City of London
Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: Reading / London
As a Lead Software Engineer you will frequently be working directly with client stakeholders and other senior team members, contributing to discussions on multiple facets of your project, such as functional requirements, technical strategy, solution architecture, and delivery.
The Developers in your team will look to you for leadership, guidance, and support. You will ensure the development team functions well, with effective collaboration and high-quality output. You will lead by example and inspire them to embrace new challenges, gain new skills, and to deliver great software for the client.
Your role on a project may include some hands-on development responsibility, and you will be expected to be highly proficient working in your main tech stack, and keen to pick up other technologies as required.
You will have:
- Experience leading a team of developers
- Excellent knowledge of Java (up to JDK 11), plus related tools and technologies and open-source libraries such as Spring, Hibernate.
- Solid understanding of the fundamentals of computing (e.g. logic, data structures, algorithms, low-level architecture, systems infrastructure, network stack).
- Strong Object-Oriented design skills, and experience with Java 8 functional style.
- Hands-on experience with tools and practices that support the DevOps approach, including source control, build pipelines, infrastructure as code, monitoring, security.
- Strong experience of Cloud computing - AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Experience developing and deploying microservices solutions within a serverless or container-based architecture.
What you get:
- A collaborative and inspiring environment working alongside some of the best tech people in the industry
- Hybrid working - you can vary your working location to allow you to collaborate better, feed your creativity, and take the time and space to focus when you need it
- Training opportunities and incentives - we support professional certifications across engineering and non-engineering roles
- Flexible benefits allowance - you can spend on additional pension contributions, healthcare, dental and more…
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
What to do next:
If you are interested in this role or know anyone who might be then please contact me on 01174090748 or email me via b.slater @ ioassociates .co .uk .